Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Sacrificial Pig

Ever had one of those days that seemed like a dream. Not a nightmare but not necessarily a good dream; kinda like you are watching what is going on. Then, when you least expect it, God sends something your way, even if just for a moment, to shock or awe you; or just make you laugh.
One day last week, I was having just such a day. I won't get into the details; most of you already know; prayer brought me through it. I was on my way to Fort Smith with Dad talking to John on the phone telling him what was going. When lo and behold, on the side of the road lay roadkill. Aw yes! Roadkill. It comes in many forms in Arkansas...skunks, snakes, dogs, cats, deer, opossums, birds, and my personal favorite is the belly up armadillo with the strategically placed beverage bottles laying around it. Roadkill in it's self is not anything that would normally cause me a second thought. This particular roadkill, however, was a PIG!!!!!!! Yes, just a lil' ol' Miss Piggy pig laying silently on the side of the road! It made me laugh. Is that demented? A pig gave his/her life to brighten my day?!?!?!?! Thanks! I needed that!

No comments: