Thursday, December 13, 2007

TIMBER!!!!!

If a tree falls in a forest and there is no one there to hear it, does it make any noise?
If a tree falls in the living room and there is no one there except a two year old, did he knock it over?
Two weeks ago as I put the tree up and started decorating it, with the little guy around my feet saying "I have a turn" (meaning that he wants to help), I said to the tree "Will we make it through Christmas?"
Of course the tree didn't answer. But, if it could have, the answer would have been "Quick! Put me back in the box, I don't want to die."
I wrapped all of the presents and placed them neatly under the tree. Some of them I have wrapped twice since then. It looked so pretty.
Last night, I hear a slight noise that seemed a bit out of the ordinary. By that I mean, it wasn't a crash. Then, my little Luke comes running to the den yelling "Tree! Fall!"
0

No comments: