Friday, August 31, 2007

A Pleasant Memory!

Something happened this morning that reminded me of a time when I was a child.

It is a cool very pleasant morning. Quiet. Moriah and John have left for school. Luke is still in bed. I was out in the garage (door still up) doing a load of laundry before it got so hot! I heard squawking. I sat the laundry basket down and went to the opening of the garage and just stood and watched. When I was young, I so enjoyed in the Fall when the geese would fly over headed South. I loved watching them; their formation, their noise. It was exciting in a way.

For the last six years, I have lived in places where geese congregated all year long. I loved seeing them and they often flew around town in their formations and trumpeting (more like saxophoning). But, I guess you just learn to take the little things like that for granted. It was good to be reminded of how great God really is!

No comments: