Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

As I sit here taking a break from the preparation for the trip over the river and through the woods, I think of my morning. I have washed 4 loads of clothes, dried 3, and put away 2 of them. I have packed 2 suitcases of clothes for the kids (hopefully, John and I will have some packed by the end of the day. I have picked up all toys in the family room and put them in their appropriate rooms (not necessarily in their appropriate places in said rooms but I am hopeful that they will make it their eventually). I have located the little treasure chest that Dr. Willis gave Moriah to put her baby teeth in when she loses them........................empty. I need to vacuum and there is popcorn and more than likely baby teeth in the floor. Luke is running around the house playing the tamborine and chanting. I took the kids suitcases out and load them in the vehicle. I fed the turtle and checked on the dog. I fed Luke his usual dose of "chick." Loaded and started the dishwasher due to noticing that the last load of clothes had finished the last cycle.

As I sit here taking a breath from the realization that I have been busy this morning, I think of the blessings that I have to be thankful for (this is, of course, a short list of the many). I am thankful for a washer and dryer that works (and the spare of each that is in storage because this house came with a washer and dryer). I am thankful for both warm clothes and warm weather clothes and enough closet space for all of it. I am thankful for children to pack for and family to go visit on holidays. I am thankful for a loving (most of the time) husband that is healthy, strong, can do anything and has a good job. I am thankful for healthy kids that feel like playing with every toy they have and had rather play with them in the den with mom and dad than in their rooms by themselves. I am thankful for my vacuum cleaner and the new found ability to realize that they are just teeth and it isn't necessary to keep them for all eternity so if they are gone they are gone and stress isn't worth it (it took a 2 year old to teach me that).....I am thankful for the towel that cleaned up the water from the expedition to determine whether or not it is possible to empty the refrigerator water dispenser. I am blessed by the realization that the chanting is actually prayer of "Gosh bless Momma, Daddy, Nanna, Papa, Mam, Paw, Yi-Yah.........." I am thankful for a vehicle filled with gas (for a few miles anyway) to make the trek over the river and through the woods (in our case this is a literal description). I am thankful for a pet small enough that it can make the trip with us or resilient enough to not eat for a day or two. I am thankful for automatic dog feeders and waterers. I am thankful for food in the fridge, a dishwasher, dishes, and dishwasher tabs. For if I lacked one of these items in this day, I would be unable to sit here on the computer (also very thankful for) and take a break.

I know you all have billions of things to be thankful for this time of year. Hopefully, you are constantly reminded of the little things as well as the big. Love to you all and enjoy this time with friends and family even if it is just in thought of days gone by. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments: