Friday, February 17, 2012

Lightnining McQueen Valentine Box

Ok, I am in no way a professional crafter (as is evident by the details of the box)but my son wanted a Lightning McQueen Valentine Box and a LMc Box he shall have.

Here's what we used:
Regular size shoebox (almost think a kids' size shoebox would work better)
Roll of Red Duct Tape
Roll of Silver or Gray Duct Tape
Lightning McQueen decals (I just printed ours from pix of Lightning McQueen online)
White piece of foam
Cube of Crafting or Floral Foam
Black piece of scrapbooking paper
Gray piece of scrapbooking paper
White paint pen
Black Sharpie, Ink Pen, or Marker
Scissors
Glue (we just used a glue stick but a few of the decals began to peel after a few days)



Cut a wedge piece for the cab of the car and a small wedge for the spoiler.


We duct taped the entire box and I cut the end of the box to make the hood to put the valentines in.
I cut a white piece of foam to make the mouth and we drew a line with the black pen to make his smile. Cut a rectangular piece of foam for the windshield.


My favorite part of the entire project is the eyes. If you have a child with beautiful eyes like my boy's eyes, this was a really fun idea that he loved! I took a picture of him where his eyes were exceptional "bright" and zoomed in on the eyes. I cut out the irises and used them for Lightning McQueen's eyes. Beautiful...regardless of what the rest of the car looks like. We really enjoyed doing this project together. I did the cutting with help from a friend, he did the gluing, and we both worked on the duct tape.

No comments: