Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Scuba MoLuke

We FINALLY put Moriah's pool up. She has one of the little 12 X 3 feet pools that you get at Wal-Mart. You know how it goes. We bought it last year and a few weeks after we got it...we could have gotten the 18' for the same price. But, that is just my luck and I shouldn't dwell on that. We put it in our driveway which is the most level place we could find. We tried the backyard and it ended up being more like 2 feet deep.
ANYHOW!!!!!!!!!! (I ramble a lot)
Moriah took swim lessons last year in Waldron. She really enjoyed it and learned quite a bit but we still haven't mastered jumping in from the side. Can't jump in from the side of this pool so that isn't really a problem. However, John has managed to prove his abilities by running to dive into the pool.
We kept noticing the sheer joy that Luke was getting when Moriah would go under to get her diving rings. We thought that he just thought it was funny, like peek-a-boo. Apparently though, he thought it looked fun.
I had him in his baby boat and he leaned over and put his face in the water. It was about time for his afternoon nap so I thought he was just tired so I took him out of the pool. John took him back in the pool later that afternoon. John just held him. He literally jumped from his daddy's arms trying to get under the water.
I guess we will have to be very careful with this one. We already knew that though.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Is it just boys, or are girls just as daring? We went swiming with another church a couple of weeks ago, Gabriel ran from me, got on the diving board then bailed off in the deep in! It scared the crap out of me! He had one those little swim suites on that have the foam built into it, they work very well! He is always doing stuff like that, not afraid of anything.

Andrea said...

swimming? joey says I spelled it wrong, whatever...