Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Can you hear me now?

John is constantly nagging at me for not carrying my cell phone. I don't keep it charged. Well, excuse me (first of all) for not being at the beckon call of the world. No one ever calls me unless of course it is John. That could be because I never carry the phone.
It turns out that Luke is a real mover and shaker. The particular "moved and shaken" item of the week is my rarely used cell phone. Normally, this would not be a problem. He looks kinda cute walking around the house with a cell phone attached to his ear saying "'lo!" But as afore mentioned, I hardly ever charge my phone!" Somewhere in this house is a nearly new telecommunicator with a dead battery. So, it's not like I can call on the house phone and follow the ring around until I find the phone (yes, this is a practice that we use often at our house!).
Luke knows where it is. I know that he does. This morning as I was playing Crouching Tiger Hidden Cell Phone Luke was following me around the house laughing. I have crawled through the entire house and no cell phone anywhere.
When I do finally locate my phone, there is a treat waiting for me! I have left myself several messages while trying to find it. I will feel important if only for a moment a to my very self.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

The good ole' call the phone untill you find it!! We did this last night as a matter of fact. The phone had been so carefully placed inside the cushin on the couch. Like it had been unzipped,placed in there, then zipped back!!!! The visual images of the crouching tiger, made me laugh outloud at work.LOL!