Thursday, August 31, 2006

Satan is a TeleMarketer!

Didn't we really all already know this?
I have just started a new Beth Moore Bible study. This is the first study that I have been hyped about before I actually started it. Wednesday afternoon, I finally got Luke down for a nap that could potentially give me enough time to get through one day of the study.
During my prayer, I asked the Lord to let Luke rest long enough for me to get through this day of my study. I know we are to pray specifically but I forgot to mention something very important. As I was drawing near the end of my study for the day (about 10 minutes left). The phone rings. I jumped and ran to the phone just to try to get to it before Luke awakened. Of course, to no avail!!!!!!!!!
I answered. There was no one there. You know that means they will call again because I have just provided them with a time of day that someone will be home. I was aggravated because I just needed 10 minutes!!!!!!!! Is that too much to ask? I looked down at Luke who was now looking up at me with both precious little hands on my leg and those little tired eyes, smile on his face. I said, "Baby Doll, Momma needs just a few more minutes and I will hold you for the rest of the day."
I had the remote control sitting beside me. And, there is always at least one Baby Einstein ready to go. I chose Baby Mozart because there are no words to the music (so I won't be distracted from my reading) and Luke loves them all. He sat his preciousness at my feet almost as if he understood what I meant. He watched his video and I finished my Bible study with the soothing sounds of Mozart in the back ground.
When I was finished, Luke crawled up in my lap and stayed there for the rest of the afternoon (which wasn't really that long). I praise the Lord for this precious moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Lose Laggin Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Instantly Search High Quality Movies, Games, MP3 Albums, Software and Download Them @ Rapid Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]