Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I've Got the Golden Tickets!!!!

There has been a lot of hype about this Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus concert in NLR on December 1. I don't see what the big deal is myself. I would have been one of those parents waiting in line that really didn't know who it was I was buying tickets to see.
I know she is Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter. I know that he is just a poor ol' boy from Flat Woods, KY. I know that because when Achy Break Heart was out that is how he always introduced himself.
Moriah wanted to go and tickets were $700 before the tickets actually went on sale. People waited in line, there was a big ordeal. Tickets were limited to 4 per person and the concert sold out in 30 minutes. They actually told people there would be no advantage to going to the arena. "If you have internet access, stay in the comforts of your own home and buy your tickets."
I was out of town on the morning that the tickets went on sale. I had luckily cued in on the anticipated hype of the tickets; I asked John if he would get online to get tickets. We have the fastest internet available and that was good for upper level tickets. It wasn't what I was hoping. But, after talking to friends and realizing that not everybody got tickets (even those who were on the internet), I was happy that we had tickets.
All I know is that now, I could sell these tickets for $400-$600 a ticket and then turn around and buy tickets for the same concert in Bossier City, LA for $150 a piece. Or, I could have done what the guy in Houston, TX did. He bought 4 tickets. Sold 2 of them for twice face value and now he takes his daughter to the concert for free. Or, for $15 a ticket I could take Luke to see the Doodlebops and sit in the same seat!!!!
I hope Moriah enjoys the concert. I guess we can take John's binoculars so we can see Hannah/Miley. It is important to remember, this is Moriah's money and this is how she chose to spend it. It is important to HER to go to this concert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.