Friday, March 10, 2006

Tornado Drill



Yesterday was a pretty hairy day as far as weather. There was a tornado spotted about 15 minutes from the school. Luke and I were at home in the hallway and John and Moriah were at school. The school postponed the benchmark until today because the kids spent the better part of the morning in the hallway with their little heads tucked between their knees.

Moriah was telling me this morning while she was getting ready for school about the experience. She told me about her daddy coming and rubbing her on the back of the head because he thought she was asleep. She told me about one of her friends that was crying. I asked why the little girl had cried. Moriah said, "b ecause their was a tornado in Lockesburg and she was afraid that it was coming to our school."

I asked her, "Were you scared, Moriah?"
She said, "Nah."
I said, "Really? How come?"
Moriah said, "It was just a tornado drill."
I asked, "Are you sure it was just a drill?"
She said (as if to say 'duh, Mom!'), "Yeah. No tornado came to our school, did it?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish we all had a heart like Mo's and everything in life was treated like it was just a drill because that is what it is. John is a good dad, him rubbing her back probably gave her a peace! She looks beautiful in her pictures.