Monday, April 24, 2006

Love Bites!!!!

Luke has been biting everyone. He bites us, he bites the ladies that babysit while I sub. Gnaw, Gnaw, Gnaw!!!!

I think part of it is because his teeth bother him. However, there are a few other theories that are becoming more and more believable.

For instance, he has this little grin that he does. He puts his bottom teeth on his top lip like he has an underbite. It looks a little impish; but, really really cute. The other day I was emailing LeaEtta (my Sunday School teacher) and Luke looks up at me grinning like this, puts both hands on my arm, and chomps down! Grinning and laughing.

The most popular bite...........this one hurts the worst....the LOVE bite! He will be sitting in your lap playing and put his hands on your face and lay into you. He did it on the hand of one of his babysitters. She said, "He probably thought my hand was a chicken bone." I thought that was cute. Today, he bit the other babysitter, the first lady's daughter. She said that it didn't hurt and he was loving on her when he did it. As far as I know, he has only broken skin once. He latched onto one of my eyes one Sunday afternoon. It hurt!!!! I had visions of pictures I saw when I worked at DHS of things that people had done to babies. I now assume that this the reason that someone could find it reasonable to throw a baby against the wall.
He also bit Moriah today. You can imagine the response. She started saying, "Not my skin, not my skin!" Oh but yes, her skin! He dug the little razorblades in and she screamed, "You have damaged my beautiful flawless skin, Luke! Why did you damage my flawless skin?"
Flawless skin? Yeah right! But anyway! She was severely irritated.

Moriah was never a biter. Well, pretty much never. She bit me once and I administered her first of many politically incorrect form of child discipline. She bit John once and with the same result. Except big bad Dad cried just a little that he had to do this to his baby girl! But, we never had another bite mark on us. Well, until now!!!!

No comments: