Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Walk Home from the Park

While we were at the park, we saw the Mineral Springs School resource officer and his family. So, John and he had to talk shop for a while. It started thundering and lightning. We started our trek back to the house.

Before we even got out of the park, there was a big flash of lightning. It seemed like it was just right there. It couldn't have been more than a few miles away. Now, I can't say that I wasn't a bit concerned. But, Moriah panics in storms (she isn't scared of anything except big brown bugs, burning light switches, and storms).

I grabbed her by the hand and started walking faster. She was starting to get the 'I'm going to cry' respirations. I said, "There is nothing to be scared of Moriah, the lightning is just God's way of telling us that we need to go home." Then, CRASH BOOM RUMBLE!!!!! She looked at me with fear in her eyes. I said, "Ok, that's His way of sayint 'RIGHT NOW!'"

We hurried home. We didn't even stop to play with Winter (Winter is a big dog that lives in our path to the park that we called White Dog for a year and a half before we found out her name; anyway, Winter is a whole 'nother blog all by herself; maybe I'll get to that later). Moriah explained to Winter as we hurried by that we had to get home and didn't have time to play. I'm sure she understood. Lightning and thunder were right on our heels. I had my teeth gritted. So, did Luke, all 6 of them.

We made it safely home. We were all glad to be home. All of us were hot and sweaty.......except for Luke and he didn't have to put out much energy. We came in the house and sat down. John was holding Luke, he was kissing (more like licking) his daddy's neck, when he said, "Ewwwwwwwwwww!" Was this a coincidence? I think not!!!!

I better go for now. Luke has started his daily trek to the other end of the house. I would hate to lose him..........................AGAIN!

No comments: