Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Spring Break


We had a nice Spring Break considering there were no beaches involved. We spent most of the week with John's family. It was fun.
We went to Atlanta (TX) for church on 04-09. Moriah's choir sang. As always, she sang beautifully. It's amazing how well she does when she doesn't realize you can hear her. Sunday evening after choir, we drove to Waldron and spent the night with my parents.
Then, Monday we went to the big ol' city of Kingston, AR and spent most of the week. For you who aren't family, John's parents live up on top of the mountain. It is beautiful. I enjoyed just sitting out on the front porch looking out at the hills and watching the monarch butterflies fluttering by.
Wednesday, we went to Springfield, MO and met our new great niece, Delsa Dawn. She was 6 days old on that day. You do the math. I'm not fully functional at this time in the morning. She is a beautiful little girl just like her momma. And, if you know John, it was a must to go by Bass Pro Shop. It was okay though. Moriah and I played like we were at an amusement park. We rode the elevator (A LOT!). We found John talking shop with some guy at the gun counter. We snuck up, walked off with the cart (that had my purse and the camera in it), and hid around the corner and watched him panic just a bit. Good times! We came back through Harrison and ate dinner with John's brother, David, and his family. John's parents also met us there. I got sick after we got home. I made the comment that I hadn't thrown up that much since I was pregnant with Luke. I think my mother-in-law was in a panic for a moment.
Thursday, we went to Harrison again. We ate dinner with John's brother and family again. Karl came over (John's sister, Karen's oldest). He had never seen Luke (in person). Moriah didn't go with us. I think she wanted some Memaw and Pa time without Luke and us. And, from what I understand, it was a great time of partying and jumping on the bed. When we left Harrison, we drove through Ponca (?). I think that is where the elk are. We always go and watch the elk. They don't come out until around dusk so I've yet to get any good pictures. We saw about 17 this time.
Friday, we went to Springdale and visited with John's best friend, Jonny Hammond. It was good to see them. I hadn't seen them in about 4 years. They have a 3 1/2 year old boy. I am so bad. It was good to see them. The girls have sure grown a lot in those 4 years. Cassie still had baby fat the last time I saw her and now Jack is calling her wanting his beanstalk back. We took Moriah to the Jones Center to swim Friday afternoon. In case you don't know what that is, the Jones Center is a community center in Springdale that is free. If you have ever heard of Jones Truck Lines, this is the family. Their foundation has provided so much for the NWA community and the whole state of Arkansas. They have an indoor leisure pool and lap pool; ice skating rink; and various other activities. You have to call and get tickets but if you are ever in NWA; it is a good thing. Did I mention that it was free?
We ate dinner with Laura (John's oldest sister) and her son Keith. We always have a blast with Aunt Laura. Also, Keith had never seen Luke. Keith lives in Smyrna, TN which is right outside of Nashville. This is strange, we live in Nashville (AR) and we moved here from Smyrna (a community outside of Atlanta, TX). Hmmmmm! Then, we spent Friday night with them.
Saturday, I felt like we were on World Tour. We ate lunch in Bentonville; then, went back to Springdale and visited with the Hammonds again (we got to see Heidi this time; I just love her!). We left there and drove to Waldron visited with my parents for about and hour; drove to Nashville (unloaded and got the Easter clothes); and headed back to Texas.

No comments: